GARAGE DOOR OPENER REPAIR Schaumburg, IL
Professional Installation, Repair and Maintenance
A working motor grants you seamless access as needed and also keeps your home secure. When it stops working for one reason or another, this can be a major inconvenience and even a safety hazard.
In the case your garage door closes and opens again immediately, or the motor starts to make weird sounds when working, you should seek the help of a professional service. We offer garage door opener repairs in Schaumburg, IL, and the surrounding areas.
Our experienced technicians are trained to promptly determine the cause of the problem and replace any malfunctioning parts needed. Trying to troubleshoot your own motor can pose a safety risk, we do not recommend trying this. Don’t hesitate to contact us any day of the week from 8 AM to 7 PM.
(847) 496 3901
Common Opener Issues
We follow all the industry best practices for repairs and maintenance, handling all motors according to the manufacturers’ specifications. We also make sure that we look out for your family’s safety and your property when we conduct all services.
We can encounter several common motor problems that can cause the motor to stop closing properly. For example, when the opening and closing is too slow or does not close all the way down, the remote control is not responding and the motor stops working, etc.
Each one of these problems requires a different solution, and our technicians have experience with all of them. Here are some of the most common problems:
One of the most common problems you may encounter is hearing unusual grinding noises. The issue typically lies with the gears inside the motor. If your motor starts making grinding noises, it's important to take action right away.
Remote or Keypad aren't responding
An issue with your remote or your keypad can become a major inconvenience. Fortunately, this problem can be solved sometimes by replacing dead batteries. Also, verify that the antenna on the motor is pointing straight downward since it receives the keypad's signal.
However, don't hesitate to give us a call and ask for expert advice if troubleshooting the matter yourself didn't help.
The Opener is Not Closing Fully
Emergency Release is Pulled Down
The emergency release is a feature that allows the garage door to be manually operated. This can come in handy when there is a power outage for example. To solve this issue all you need to do is to engage the emergency release.
The Brands We Work With
We have experience with all the leading brands. When we are installing a new opener, we primarily use a Liftmaster. However, our team of technicians is licensed to fix Liftmaster, Chamberlain and Craftsman.
Types of Motors
There are different types of motors, mainly a chain or a belt-driven one.
Each of these has its advantages and disadvantages.
This motor uses a metal chain to open the garage. The operation is by moving gears and metal plates.
- The residential chain drive motor is one of the most affordable options on the market, which contributes to its popularity among homeowners. Both the product and installation are less expensive than other motors.
- The chain motor is a great choice for anyone with heavy doors because the metal links can lift any weight, including two-car and wooden doors. Belt driven motors are at risk of breaking when trying to lift very heavy doors, so the chain motor belt makes it ideal for that purpose.
- Because the metal in the chain is so strong, the chain drive motor has a significantly longer lifespan than any other type of motor. The one drawback is that it must be properly maintained and lubricated on a regular basis to achieve its full potential and vastly outlast the life of a belt drive motor.
The belt-driven motor uses a rubber belt to open and close the garage. When the door is triggered, the rubber belt slides the trolley.Advantages:
- There are many advantages to this type of motor. Belt-driven motors produce less noise than chain-driven motors because the belt creates a smoother motion. In addition, belt motors tend to be very strong and durable, often lasting for years without needing any garage door opener replacement or repairs.
- In terms of cost, belt-driven motors are among the cheapest types of motors available. Screw-driven motors, on the other hand, are considerably more expensive than belt-driven motors. These motors operate faster than other choices and can quickly open and shut a garage.
- Belt-driven motors may have a higher initial price tag than chain drive systems, but they will save you money in the long run. With no need for lubrication and little wear and tear, belt drives can last much longer than chains with minimal maintenance required.
Wall Mounted Motor
A wall-mounted motor is connected to the door’s torsion bar instead of the rail track to operate the door.Advantages:
- Jackshaft motors save you room by being located on the side of your garage rather than in the middle. This means you’ll have fewer cables to worry about, too.
- If you have a high lift garage door, which includes a track that runs at the top of the door vertically, then the Jackshaft is the only option available to you. As a result, you have more clearance for your vehicle within the garage, which means you can park taller vehicles like big trucks or even have a car lift within the space. This is a great option if you have an exceptionally large, tall vehicle.
- A jackshaft motor generally looks better than a standard motor. It is more modern and even has Wi-Fi connection, meaning you can control it right from your smartphone.
Professional Repair & Installation Company?
Repairing or installing the motor needs to be done in a professional way to avoid frequent repairs. A motor that wasn’t repaired or installed properly can become a major headache in the future. That is why our installation is only done with top brands, following a strict protocol to ensure that once we come to a repair, it will be a long long time before you see us again. Whether you have issues with your sensors, remote, keypad or the motor itself, call us today to receive top quality service from one of our expert technicians. Our company is the leading choice for garage door opener repairs in Schaumburg, IL and its surrounding areas.