GARAGE DOOR OFF TRACK REPAIR ARLINGTN HEIGHTS, IL
Expert Garage Door Repair Service
Having an off-track garage door is a serious and dangerous matter, as your door is hung only by its cables and can fall at any moment in time. When you face an off-track issue, reach out to a professional immediately. You can contact us 7 days a week and receive same-day service from one of our expert technicians, with no extra charge on the weekends. We will make sure to fix your problem and lubricate the parts in order to keep the rollers moving smoothly again.
(847) 796 8277
What is an Off Track Door?
This is when the door has become dislodged from its tracks. This can be due to a variety of reasons, such as a build-up of debris on the tracks, an issue with the springs or rollers, or simply wear and tear over time. Regardless of the cause, an off track issue can be a serious safety hazard, as it may fall suddenly and cause injury or damage.
If you have an off track issue, it is important to call a professional for a service as soon as possible. Attempting to fix the issue yourself can be dangerous, and may make the problem worse.
If you have noticed that your door is uneven or not opening and closing properly, you need to contact King Garage Door Repair straight away. Our qualified technicians fix any underlying cause of the problem.
There are multiple reasons why a door would fall off-track, such as hitting the door with a car, damaged rollers, or broken springs.
Common Off Track Issues
An off track issue occurs when the door becomes dislodged from its tracks due to various reasons such as debris buildup, worn out springs or rollers, or regular wear and tear. This poses a serious safety hazard as the door may fall unexpectedly, causing damage or injury. Our certified technicians not only fix the off-track issue but also address the underlying cause of the problem. Several reasons can cause an off-track problem, including damaged rollers, broken springs, dirt buildup, force or impact, poor track installation, and broken tension cables.
Old and damaged rollers can cause the door to come off-track and damage different parts of the system. Similarly, worn-out springs can cause the door to go off its track, making it appear lopsided or even completely off its tracks.
Dirt buildup and lack of lubrication can also cause rollers to go off-track. Striking the door with a vehicle can also result in the rollers becoming dislodged from their tracks. Additionally, poor track installation can cause the wheels to come off their tracks over time due to loose brackets caused by vibrations.
The doors are supported by cables on both sides and if one of the cables breaks, it can cause one side of the door to touch the ground while the other remains slightly open. Therefore, it is essential to inspect the tracks regularly to prevent any problems from worsening.
- Quality Work -
Whether it's a weekday or weekend, you can rely on us to assist you in case of an emergency.
Get your garage door back on track today.
Simply give us a call at
(847) 796 8277 to schedule an appointment with one of our technicians.
What to Expect When Our Technicians Fix Your Off Track Garage Door
If your garage door fell off track, repairing it is a multi-step process that requires the expertise of a skilled expert. Here are the typical steps involved in repairing this issue:
- Identify the problem: The first step is to identify the root cause of the problem. Our skilled technicians will examine the tracks, rollers, springs, cables, or other components to determine what is causing the problem.
- Disconnect the power: To prevent the door from moving while it is being repaired, the power to the automatic opener should be disconnected so that our technicians can solve the issue safely.
- Align the door: Once the power is disconnected, the technician will manually align the door so that the rollers are in line with the area where they derailed. The door is then secured in place using vise grips.
- Open the track: The next step is to open the track to make room for the roller. This is done by using a pair of pliers to carefully open the track.
- Guide the roller into place: Once the track is open, the technician will guide the roller back into place.
- Close the track: After the roller is back in place, the track is closed by using a rubber or wooden hammer to hammer the track back into shape.
- Check the door: Before reconnecting the automatic opener, our technician will test the door by opening and closing it several times to ensure that it is operating correctly.
- Lubricate and clean: To prevent future problems, our technician will lubricate all of the metal hardware and clean the tracks.
The best way to keep your garage system in excellent condition is to schedule routine maintenance from professionals like us. As your local garage door off track repair in Arlington Heights, IL., we have regular maintenance contracts with our customers in the surrounding areas. We are skilled at identifying and solving problems, big or small. Feel free to arrange for a regular inspection of your system by one of our specialists and keep it functioning properly and in top shape.